Download Graham’s vCard
Graham E. Sutliff grew up in San Angelo, Texas in a family of six. From an early age, in this close-knit West Texas town, he learned the value of hard work, determination and fighting for what is right. Graham and his now partner Hank, who became friends at age four, found an early interest in the law by playing in the halls of the Tom Green County Courthouse. As a young man, his interest in the law continued to grow and he set out to find a way to use this passion to help others.
At the University of Mississippi, after receiving his undergraduate degree in Business Administration and graduating summa cum laude, Graham went on to pursue a law degree. His commitment to his studies paid off once again as he graduated from law school, summa cum laude, at the top of his class.
Upon graduating, Graham began his legal career in the Austin litigation section of Vinson & Elkins. There, he represented a diverse client base ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small businesses to private citizens. His practice included personal injury, securities issues, contract disputes, and everything in between. While at Vinson & Elkins, Graham had the privilege of practicing law among some of the top litigators in the United States.
In 2008, Graham and Hank co-founded Sutliff & Stout PLLC to protect the rights of individuals facing the daunting task of litigating against big insurance companies and corporations. Throughout his career, Graham has remained committed to upholding the values instilled in him from an early age – hard work, determination and fighting for what is right. Graham has successfully tried jury and non-jury trials in both state and federal court. On a daily basis, he sees the physical and emotional impact that others’ carelessness has on his clients and their loved ones. Graham’s greatest satisfaction comes from ensuring that his clients and their families get the representation, and ultimately, the justice they deserve.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., graduated top of class, summa cum laude
- University of Mississippi, B.B.A. Banking and Finance, summa cum laude
Admitted to practice
- Texas Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of Texas
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
Activities and Affiliations
- Staff: Mississippi Law Journal
- Member: Mississippi Moot Court Board
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo (Committee Member Since 2010)
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers – A Thompson Reuters Publication – Rising Stars 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Houston Top Lawyers – H Magazine – 2013, 2014, 2015
- Houston Top Lawyer – Houstonia Magazine – 2013, 2014, 2015
- The National Trial Lawyers top 40 Under 40 – 2014, 2015
- “Superb” Rating by Avvo – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016