Getting a Austin Police Department Accident Report
If you were involved in an auto accident that was responded to by the Austin Police, there are a few ways that you can obtain your Austin accident report (also referred to as a “crash” or “collision” report):
One option for obtaining your Austin PD accident report is to go to the Main Police Headquarters in Austin, which is located at 715 E 8th Street, Austin Texas, 78701 (directions) and purchase your accident report in-person.
Be sure to give them a call – (512) 974-5499 – to make sure they actually have your accident report before you go to the APD headquarters. The office that handles accident report sales is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
We’ll get your accident report for you.
Just provide the details of your accident, and we’ll do our best to track down your Austin accident report and email it to you.
*Limit one (1) report per individual or organization.
The other option for obtaining your APD accident report is to request it by mail. To do so, mail a self-addressed and stamped envelope to:
- Austin Police Department Report Sales
P.O. Box 689001
Austin, TX 78768
The envelope must contain a payment of $6 which can be in the form of cash, money order, or check.
Important Items to Note About Your Austin Accident Report:
- In order to obtain your Austin accident report, your case number is required.
- Austin Police accident reports are not available on the APD Incident Report Database. They must be obtained in-person or via mail, as detailed above.
- If you were given a Blue Form (driver’s crash reports) by the responding officer at the scene of the accident, this is your official accident report, and there will be no other report to purchase from the APD. Be sure to make a copy of this for your records.
- Crash reports serve as critical evidence in personal injury claims. If you suffered injuries as a result of your Austin car accident, we suggest that you take advantage of free case review from one of our Austin injury attorneys. Our team of legal professionals will listen to the details of your case and give you honest, qualified advice as to your best options for maximum financial recovery.